Monday, January 30, 2012

30 weeks and counting!

Can you believe that I'm already 30 weeks pregnant!? Where has the time gone?! Last night I was having a "moment". Eliza will be 2 right at the same time that I have this baby.. and I'm not sure I'm ready for that. Casey will be planning her birthday party... or getting it ready rather... and I will have a newborn. I'm confident that this one will be "easier" than Eliza was, just b/c I've done it once before, and I will have Eliza to keep me laughing through post-partum (Spl?). Casey will be AMAZING, as always, keeping me grounded and not letting my imagination run off with me. He is so good for me. Where would I be???

ANYWAY, as I was laying in bed crying last night, God gave me this truth, and my heart was settled. "I am in control." You see, I am at slightly a higher risk with this birth, since Eliza had "shoulder dystocia", which I learned from our OB that we are now seeing, has no real definition. What it may be to someone will be something else to another. Anyway, We've decided to see the OB incase something may go wrong with this birth.. and naturally, this makes me anxious. I KNOW that my God is in control, but I was praying,, HOW do I make myself REALLY believe this?! Then BAM! I said.. I know You are in control. You are in control.. and I just kept saying it... You are in control. You are in control. And this PEACE came over me. A peace that only God can bring. And I was able to fall asleep. God IS in control of this birth.. and He already knows what's going to happen. I can rest in this.

So here is my progress so far...


4 weeks to 30 weeks. :) We still have to get this new baby girl's room ALL ready.. including paint.. and a new mattress either for Eliza, or new baby. I can't believe how different it is being pregnant this time. Everything is going by so much faster, and I feel calmer (besides having panic attacks about Eliza growing up so fast). God has been so good to our family. I am so blessed!!!!!!!!!



Happy Monday from this Charlie-Brown-loving 21 month old!!!

4 comments:

Amanda Nash said...

OHHHH MEG! You are going to do so great with GOD right there beside you! He has given you great strength! Love you!

Linda Kilby said...

Love reading your blog,very good, will be looking forward to the next one.

Chelsea Leigh said...

Ditto to what Manda said!!! You are SUCH a great momma & this time will be no different. LOVED this post! Can't wait for this new little sweetie to arrive - my soon-to-be-NIECE! :) :) :) I love them both with all of me. And you TOO!

Sharon said...

Love your blogs Meghan ... you are a great Mommy .... everything will turn out fantastic! Can't wait for the next little girl ... can I love her as much as this little girl you have? I think the answer is YES!!! :) :) :) There is enough love for everyone!