Friday, September 2, 2011

Home Sweet Home

There's no place like home, There's no place like home, There's no place like home.

I think this could be my life's motto. My hubby and I just got back from
a trip to Chicago.. The Windy City! (really... it was so windy) Our 5th Anniversary is on Saturday, so we thought it would be nice to take a trip!
We did all the tourist things.... pictures entering the city, WALKED to Navy Pier (which we found out later there is a FREE trolly that runs.. and stops like 2 blocks from our hotel) , went to Field's Museum, rented a tandam bike, rode all around Lakeshore Drive, took more pictures, went to the top of the John Hancock Center and ATE.

  
8 weeks prego with our 2nd baby! (mostly belly fat)



The city was very cool, but wow. It is NOT a place for a pregn
ant woman with MY NOSE! Horrible smells... all the time! We were right by the hospital, so we could hear sirens all the time. We had to ask the hotel for a fan so I could sleep! Crazy! Every person that we passed, (yes, I know half were probably tourists too) I thought, how do you live here?

I was amazed, once again, at how God's plan is the best plan. I missed the corn fields. I missed the crickets and the locusts. I missed the little farms. I missed my quiet town. I missed my bed. And most of all, I missed my BABY GIRL! I've never been away from her for this long, and it was hard.

Through it all, I had a wonderful time with my hubby! It was the first time we got away since our honeymoon... Hawaii is amazing!
 HOW OLD WERE WE?!?!?





He could totally live in the city. He loved it. I liked the visit. I loved coming home. I'm so thankful for my family. I love my family. I love Floyd County. I love being right here. My friends are amazing. My life is so blessed!!!!
Our wedding day!! 5 years ago tomorrow!!! I AM SO BLESSED!!!

2 comments:

shelly said...

Very nice blog Meghan. Happy Anniversary!!! Love you both : )

Unknown said...

Loved reading about your getaway!! happy 5 yrs!!!